Foorumi | Auburn Estate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An unexpected encounter

Siirry alas

An unexpected encounter Empty An unexpected encounter

Viesti  Ellie von B. 28.08.18 12:47

28/08/2018, Auburn riding arena, @Jonathan R., follow-up for the story on Leevi's diary

A bay gelding cantered through the arena with a steady rhythm. I hadn't felt this good about my riding skills in a long time. I wasn’t perfect, of course, but better than for a while. I smiled to myself and asked Leevi for a relaxed trot.

I glanced at the stand casually, but there was something I did not expect. I had to look again, frowning slightly. What was Grace doing here? I had not seen her in ages so I slowed Leevi down and led him closer to the edge of the arena where Grace was standing.

“Good afternoon, Grace!” I greeted the old lady with a smile. “Nice to see you, how are you?”
Ellie von B.
Ellie von B.
Vuokraaja

Ikä : 24
Viestien lukumäärä : 404

Takaisin alkuun Siirry alas

An unexpected encounter Empty Vs: An unexpected encounter

Viesti  Jonathan R. 28.08.18 17:40

Grace:
Jonathan had some business to take care of, so he suggested that I could wonder around the mansion grounds and take a look at the stables. He knew I would do it anyways. And so I did.

Building was beautiful, inside and out. Just like in England. But in here, the atmosphere was more dry and not so welcoming. Unfortunately I didn't see anybody in the stables, so I thought why not take a look at the arena. And when I entered the stand, I saw beautiful gelding and a familiar face.

Warmly I smiled back at Ellie.
"What a lovely surprise", I said. "Honestly, I've been better. How about you, my dear?" Jonathan told me about the brake up, but he left out all the juicy details. Sadly.
"Is this the horse you competed with?" I glanced at the horse, once again and dark brown eyes examined me briefly. "He has a wise look in his eyes. You cannot see it."

An unexpected encounter 2m85u2q
Jonathan R.
Jonathan R.
Tallityöntekijä

Ikä : 28
Viestien lukumäärä : 1717

https://vrl14433.weebly.com/kallan-erythrina.html

Viesti  Ellie von B. 29.08.18 9:55

Even though I hadn't seen Grace in a long time I had always liked her. She was like a second grandmother to me, always saying the things you wanted to hear. Or if not, at least you needed to hear them.

"I'm fine, thank you", I smiled at her, measuring the look on Grace's face. Hopefully nothing bad had happened. Or was it Jonathan and Thomas that she was concerned about? Although I was curious about it wasn't my place to ask questions about. Maybe she would tell me in the course of the conversation.

"No, this is Amanda's dressage horse Leevi", I explained, stroking Leevi's neck deliberately. "I'm more of a show jumper and compete with Riepu, a grey gelding. But it's nice to ride other horses once in a while."

I got the feeling that Grace had a some kind of intuition with horses. Although I wished Leevi would show his 'wise look' at the stall too.
Ellie von B.
Ellie von B.
Vuokraaja

Ikä : 24
Viestien lukumäärä : 404

Viesti  Jonathan R. 29.08.18 21:59

Grace:
"Yes, it's very educational", I said softly. I remember Ellie being a bit of hot headed and a young woman with a lots of temper. But never the less, I liked her the moment I saw her beside Jonathan.

"Let me see what you two are made of", I glanced at Ellie with challenging look in my eyes. If I knew something about girls like her, they were very competitive by nature.

So I stayed put and waited with excitment what these two got to offer for a old lady like me.

An unexpected encounter 2m85u2q
Jonathan R.
Jonathan R.
Tallityöntekijä

Ikä : 28
Viestien lukumäärä : 1717

https://vrl14433.weebly.com/kallan-erythrina.html

Viesti  Sponsored content

Sponsored content